The Tyranids are unlike any other race to be encountered by Humanity. They are the ultimate predators; to them all living things, from the lowliest insect to the most advanced civilisation, are mere prey. Only now are the inhabitants of the galaxy realising the scale of the threat – unless the Tyranids can be stopped, it will mean nothing less than the extinction of all.
Codex: Tyranids contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Tyranids collectors. Within this 128-page hardback, you’ll find:
– The Destroyer of Worlds: the origins of the Tyranids, from the first recorded appearance of their Hive Fleets to their seemingly-unstoppable advance throughout the galaxy, along with details of the manner in which their Hive Minds operate;
– Invasion Swarms: a step-by-step guide to a Tyranid invasion, from the vanguard organisms who seed initial terror through to the swarms of feeder organisms that ultimately strip entire worlds bare;
– Detailed background of the following Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan, with dramatic recounting of famous battles and colour schemes for each;
– Tendrils of the Great Devourer: Information and colour schemes for a further 6 Hive Fleets – Jormungandr, Hydra, Gorgon, Kronos, Tiamet, and Ouroboris;
– A galactic map showing the currently-known major Tyranid incursions;
– Background and details on each character and unit available to a Tyranid army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a Tyranid army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
– 39 datasheets containing rules for every Tyranid unit and miniature;
– Army abilities reflecting the Tyranids’ methods of war on the tabletop;
– Weapons of the Hive Fleets: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by Tyranid Swarms;
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– The Shadow in the Warp: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
– Hive Fleet Adaptations for the following 7 Hive Fleets: Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan, Gorgon, Jormungandr, Hydra and Kronos;
– 6 unique Warlord Traits available for any Tyranid commander;
– 7 Warlord Traits specific to the above-named Hive Fleets;
– 28 unique Stratagems;
– Bio-artefacts of the Tyranids: a selection of 12 rare weapons, spawned by the Hive Mind to ensure the galaxy’s doom;
– Hive Mind Discipline: 6 psychic powers available to any Tyranids model with the Psyker keyword;
– 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Be the first to review “Codex: Tyranids (Inglese) Warhammer 40000”